Saturday 6 April 2013

Now writing for CCN!

Things are hotting up for me ... I think, it's hard to tell!  I have received copies of my book and it is a strange and pleasant thing to hold a real bona fide book with my name on the cover.


The book can be ordered from Amazon at quite a good discount (at the moment the cover price is 12.99 but Amazon who always discount anyway have a special offer on it - £8.31) and for ease of ordering I have added a widget to my other website, Sudden Lunch!  It's in the sidebar and looks like this ..


Having the widget on my other blog does mean you have to click twice instead of once but it's still easier peasier than having to go to Amazon all by yourself!  I'd add a widget here too but Amazon only allows one site to be widgetted (new word!) per person and Sudden Lunch at the moment is getting over 20,000 hits a month which this one is not!  Early days! 

I am writing for CCN!

I like that headline!  CCN of course stands for Cornwall Community News and they have asked me to contribute a weekly-ish article and Cornish foodie stuff.  Myfirst, on lovely Cornish Gouda, can be seen here. 

CCN gave called me "the chef of leftovers" which title I'm pretty sure I shall adopt.


Reviews, Amazon and Goodreads

If by any chance you should read and enjoy my book (or indeed anybody's book) it is a real help if you then review it on Amazon, I am trying to remember to do this myself with writers I like.  Goodreads is another great place to not only rate or review books but also to find things you'd like to read - I have started an online shelf of books I am going to look out for. I have, incidentally, heard that Amazon have purchased Goodreads so they may now be one and the same thing!