Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas Ice Cream Recipes

I am beginning to wonder if this is perhaps the wrong time of year to have published an ice cream book but c'est la vie and all that.  It was already written and I was eager to try the whole eBook publishing thing.  I have sold a few books, of course, but not a truck load so to speak!

To me, ice cream is an all year round treat, even in colder climates. As evidence I was in Moscow about a quarter of a century ago, maybe more, in December and it was quite common and strange to frequently see people eating ice cream cornets in the street.  I don't know if it is part of the Russian culture!

Me at the Kremlin!


Anyhoo - back to my theme - there are three ice creams that I traditionally make at Christmas, all based on my one simple recipe, they are ...



1.   Buttered Rum & Ginger Ice Cream


I usually make this for pre Christmas social do's and sometimes for Christmas Eve.  It is one of my real man's favourites despite it being somewhat exotic by his normal standards.


2.   Ice Cream Mince Pies
Christmas Dinner alternative dessert and to my mind, because I don't usually like mincemeat except in thes, much nicer than traditional mince pies.


3.   Christmas Pudding Ice Cream

There are lots of recipes about for this but I have been making (and selling) this version for years and years, it is both the best and the easiest I know of.  I usually make this a few days after Christmas.


I'm afraid I cannot actually give the recipes here as part of my agreement with Amazon is that the material is not published elsewhere but I can encourage you to buy the book!  Go on, you know you want to!  Right, that's enough encouragement from me, sorry about that!

If you are British its just £2.25, please go here Amazon.co.uk

If you are of the American persuasion get it here Amazon.com  for only $3.60.